If you need to develop an engaging as well as interesting website featuring optimum and advanced tools until date, the choice undeniably rests with DotNetNuke (DNN). With businesses facing diverse challenges in terms of content modification, DNN offering multiple solutions addressing the various technological needs of the content providers and emerging interests of the people comes to right help.
Why is DNN unique and a preferred choice?
The reason is simple; DNN offering a wide range of tools supports the rapidly changing consumer as well as technology trends thereby, enabling users to move forward without any difficulty. Being the world’s number one WCMS for Microsoft, DotNetNuke stands as the most successful and largest open-source CMS plug-in catering to the Microsoft ecosystem. This particular software is extraordinarily empowered to offer virtual help to any enterprise for approaching or facing architectural challenges from every angle. The platform also helps the nonprofit organization to save both time as well as money.
What brings SharePoint to the forefront?
SharePoint is a pioneer in providing intranet solution geared towards efficient handling of internal document management, which includes but is not restricted to sharing, editing, and uploading of reports along with contents. In simpler terms, this particular application ensures easy access of data by everybody in the business network. It streamlines the complex process of collaborating along with managing the important business documents. This particular application is actually incorporated by anybody managing content starting from business to nonprofit organizations. The SharePoint and DNN connector further ensures complete optimization of the process and has been successfully integrated by businesses across different sectors.
To ensure complete optimization of the content creation, business organizations as well as enterprises need to execute a successful integration of DNN with SharePoint.
Integrating DotNetNuke with SharePoint – Tips to Follow
Here is a quick look at the tips that you need to remember while integrating the DNN software successfully with the SharePoint application:
1. Good knowledge of SharePoint and DotNetNuke – This particular approach helps in easy as well as seamless integration of both the document management system and the software making it easy for content monitoring along with modification. It is important to have good knowledge of the software as well as the application before taking up integration.
2. Always integrate with SharePoint 2007 and 2010 – This particular objective helps you enjoy the best benefits of both the DotNetNuke along with the document management system. After all, it helps publishing fresh contents extracting it straight from the SharePoint Document library. The published documents are carefully protected by the role based security network of DNN.
3. Always publish documents that are approved for display – Undertaking this particular approach always helps you to avoid any sort of interference with the team. This helps you ensure the use of a streamlined alongside a collaborative procedure that helps in effective management of the document. Additionally, it also allows you to share the best documents that are carefully edited and ready for use.
4. Ensure consistent permission throughout the work – This particular objective if maintained right helps preventing any sort of unauthorized access thereby, ensuring a secure digital asset management. Additionally, it also helps preventing the redistribution of assets that are digital.
5. Make use of views and not folders – This helps you ensure having unlimited flexibility along with extreme level of granularity. It is also important for you to be able to combine the properties easily and this particular approach helps in successful combination. The biggest advantage rests with the fact that it helps reducing overall risk alongside human error.
6. Synchronize the deletes – Taking up this particular approaching during the process of integration also helps avoiding the errors of “file not found” during the successful execution of removal of files. This particular approach of cleaning also ensures reduction of unimportant database clogging, duplication, overall risk, and human errors.
7. Enabling of error notification is must – This specific task helps in automatic synchronization eliminating the need of active viewing or monitoring of the document in concern. This result in a smooth process that helps you to lessen the effort along with the time required for content monitoring.
8. Avoid the firewall – Always make sure that the SharePoint server can enjoy an easy access to the DOTNetNuke server. This helps in smoother as well as better content management without any modification of security policies.
9. Allow filtering of documents to be transferred – This particular approach helps the users to filter the documents easily through the integrated SharePoint filtering views. This helps the users to make use of the Create View UI and need not rely upon two different sets of filters.
Following the above-mentioned tips is sure to help you achieve a successful integration of DotNetNuke with SharePoint and ensure defining the success metrics for your organization in terms of less error, reduced publishing time, etc.
You can hire developers from top SharePoint development companies in india who can help you build apps within allocated budgets and time schedules.