First of all, let us know what actually Load Testing is. It is the process that is followed to put demands on a particular system or device, and measure its response. This type of software evaluation is performed for determination of the behavior of a definite system under normal circumstances as well as during anticipated conditions of optimal load. The process also helps in identification of the operating capacity of any application along with bottlenecks and technical glitches (if any) that are responsible for any degradation or hindrance of normal activity whatsoever.
Let us discuss some of the load testing measures that you need to take in order to avoid the presence of bugs in your websites.
The planning of the load evaluation needs to be started pretty early – during the designing phase. This is to ensure that you are not caught off guard during the development owing to any uncalled for incidence. The thumb rule is that you need to carry out your work with a notion that there will be issues and problems to encounter.
Do not make underestimations as this may prove extremely costly. The two most common underestimations that people generally tend to make are on the number of mistakes that are to be taken care of and the nature of the mistakes that will have to be rectified.
Defining the Environment
This is another step that needs to be taken to keep bugs at bay. You need to define the testing environment and for that you need to assess the kind of effort that is required. It is also imperative that a separate environment for the evaluation, suitable for production is created. It is to be seen that the configuration of the machine, its speed, as well as the set up are same as otherwise; extrapolation of performance becomes virtually impossible. One of the most important tasks is reducing the uncertainty and answering certain questions with some conclusive evidences. But for any comparable hardware, you can at the best make some wild guesses, which most of the times, are far from accurate.
Load evaluation of an application generally ensures that the application is ready to perform once it is live. Generally, this type of testing answers the following questions in a proper and conclusive way:
- Whether the application will crumble when subjected to stress and load
- Can all the pre-defined targets of performance be met
- How many users can handle the website in question one at a time
Performance related issues are quite common. These issues emanate from the following reasons:
- Issues regarding software configuration
- Poor quality of network configuration
- Poorly optimized and improper software coding
A proper load evaluation process saves the companies from financial loss resulting from poor performance of the software and the interruption of service it causes. While testing, it is imperative to take into account the following points:
- Potential loss of the customers, partners and clients
- Reduction of employee productivity
- Damage to the corporate or brand value
- Unnecessary expense of acquiring hardware that are not needed
- Extra cost for fixing issues in case of any emergency
- Setting up inappropriate contingency plans that only increases the expenses
A typical load testing software would avoid all these issues. Besides, it has the following benefits:
- Low licensing fees
- An ergonomic graphical interface, that will reduce the man hours needed for manual testing
- Substantial reduction of hardware costs, due it its cross platform capabilities that allow the loads or stresses to be generated on a variety of platforms or domains
Hence, from the technical point of view, load testing provides a lot of advantages the users when it comes to recording the business actions that are performed within a particular web application with a view to keep the bugs at bay.
You can hire testers from top load testing companies in India who can help you accomplish testing within allocated budgets and time schedules.
We provide automated load testing services. If you would like to hire certified load testers from us or would just like to speak to one of our expert software testers, please reach out to us at Mindfire Solutions.