Lately, WordPress has evolved to be a powerful platform lending itself to infinite possibilities; the only limit being one’s own creativity. Thousands of new sites of WordPress are created every day; a significant percentage of the internet runs on WordPress with the monthly views of pages rising considerably. Statistics indicate that the numbers of views as well as percentage of internet running on WordPress sites will further continue to grow as many people have chosen it as their preferred content management system. Continue reading Save time and boost productivity by following these WordPress tips
WordPress was originally designed as an open source content management system (CMS) and blogging tool. But a constant increase is noted in the number of developers using WordPress for web application development. Despite being used widely for internet application development, WordPress actually works as a foundation, and not a framework. As foundations are applications, you can extend WordPress into a variety of applications. However, it is also important to be familiar with the do’s and don’ts, while creating web applications with WordPress.
7 Do’s and Don’ts when Building Web Apps with WordPress
1) Do Cache All Data: You can deliver richer user experience by caching all information on the go. WordPress allows you to store plug-in ‘options’ for a specific amount of time through the API (Application Programming Interface). For instance, if the data have to be updated at a gap of 30 minutes, you can use the option to set the cache for the specific amount of time. The feature will help you to save resources by not requiring the data to be reloaded fully each time.
2) Do Load Your Scripts and Libraries only Once: Often developers have to load external files, while creating and customizing WordPress themes and plug-ins. But the performance of the web app will be impacted if the scripts and libraries are called up twice. You can use a simple function called wp_enqueue_script to register and load scripts and libraries only once. In addition to saving your time, the function will further boost the application’s performance.
3) Do Use Plug-In to Transfer Content into Your App: You have several options to pull your WordPress website content, and transfer the content into the application. However, you can always consider using plug-ins to create apps by using your website content. Unlike RSS feed, plug-ins are not a standard web format. But you have option to choose from several custom made plug-ins to add features to your app, while pulling the website content into it.
5) Do Optimize the App for Search Engine: Nowadays, most users gather information about web applications through search engines. So you must enhance the visibility of your application on major search engine results pages (SERPs) to get more visitors and increase its popularity. WordPress allows you to use plug-ins and scripts to make the search engines love you internet app. These options further help you in implementing a search engine optimization (SEO) plan without knowing the topic extensively.
6) Don’t Incorporate Excessive Third-Party Services: You can always enhance the performance of your web application by incorporating third-party services. But you must remember that the third-party services can affect the speed and loading time of your application adversely. For instance, developers often integrate the application with several social networking platforms to draw more and regular visitors. But when too many services are stacked together, they will need more time to get loaded. The additional loading time of the services will further make the application slow. So you must include only relevant services, while ensuring that they are not stacked together and used sparingly.
7) Don’t Forget to Update the Content: Major search engines frequently update their search algorithm to deliver fresh and relevant information to users. So you can enhance the visibility of your web application on search engine result pages by updating the content on a regular basis. The fresh content will help the search engines to find you app, and divert more visitors. The content update along with SEO plug-ins will make your web application popular within a short span of time.
You can hire developers from top wordpress development companies in India who can help you build products within allocated budgets and time schedules.
The development process of WordPress has come a long way, with the incorporation of a number of value added features of various dimensions as well as approach in its version 3.7. Again with time, all these value added features have broken up, making way for separate plugins. These plugins have operated individually till they were once again integrated into core.
With a constant transformation under way, WordPress in the future is likely to come up with a wide variety of features and there is enough scope of speculation regarding what types of features will be incorporated in the coming versions of WordPress. In fact, experts are of the opinion that the upcoming versions are likely to be different from the previous versions in terms of usability, along with forms.
A Revamped Dashboard
The future version is likely to come up with a plugin that will make the dashboard look sleeker as well as more robust. While one of the most significant issues that has plagued the WP dashboard till now is that they come up with a number of widget ready spaces. This forces the users to drag the widgets underneath the fold. Plugin of the new version will solve this issue as it will help the users to ditch this typical drop and drag facility and take the help of a user-friendly selection menu along with a button. This will understandably make dealing with the widgets much easier when it comes to managing them on various mobile devices, especially for those which are not custom built for the typical drag and drop option.
Redesigning the Theme Section
The THX38 plugin that the new versions are expected to come up with, is perfectly designed to revamp or rejuvenate the appearance of the theme section of the Dashboard of the WordPress. The objective of this plugin is to replace the traditional text-heavy pages of the WordPress with something that will be visually more appealing. This new plugin also puts more emphasis on the Theme Customizer. Besides, when it comes to themes that support it, the customiser plays the role of the main interface. In the further future versions, the Customizer is expected to become the unifying page for “theme options” that will be applicable for any theme.
A Universal Admin Search
The new OmniSearch plugin is designed to remove all the different search systems within the WP dashboard. As things stand now, for searching comments, the user at first will have to navigate through the comments tab. The same thing will have to be done for the posts, media as well as pages. The Omnisearch plugin collaborates all these results and offers the users the option of searching for all of them simultaneously.
New Look Structure of Dashboard
Then there is the WPDash plugin that is perfectly designed to remove the clutter and consolidate the information for creating a greetings page that is not only more streamlined, but is less bloated as well, especially when it comes to logging into the WP Dashboard. The plugin also makes the first page widgets, responsive and make the overview of the website more approachable, customer-friendly as well as cleaner.
Superior Search Functionality
As things stand now, the functionality of the standard WP search procedure asks for a considerable extent of improvement. Particularly, when we are speaking about storing an increased volume of content as well as information. At present the user needs to search in the following order – tags, followed by categories, then custom fields, and finally shortcodes. This is expected to change and there will be an advanced option by the virtue of which the user will be able to search for definite phrases, along with quotes, tags, custom fields, search comments, shortcodes. They will be designed in such a way that the user will look for information by relevance instead of date, matched partial words, and so on.
They are expected to come up with an improved search result page, with the search items highlighted and made bold to catch easy attention. The search results will return detailed information – instead of just excerpts or a paragraph or two.
WordPress is a fantastic platform, that facilitates free as well as open source blogging along with a CMS that is based on MySQL and PHP. With more value added and advanced plugins being added, it is likely to become more attractive and user friendly in the coming days.
You can hire developers from top wordpress application development companies in India who can help you build products within allocated budgets and time schedules.
Everyone’s talking about it, so does that mean WordPress in fact is good for CMS solutions? Yes, there are advantages, but major players in the market have their own take on it. It shows that companies, even though with a big budget, want to have fewer expenses to shoulder, especially when it comes to website building or maintaining. If you check online, you would find how popular WordPress is. The majority number of players are using the platform for success, so why not you? This is why together we shall take a look on why you should rely on WordPress for a CMS solution.
An easy way to start your business
The world is all technological these days. There are many brick and mortar companies biting the dust, the number being significantly high. The failure is because the number of content management system users are high, since CMS is useful as well as very impressive, which allows ventures to compete with the big fishes in the ocean.
Moreover, one wouldn’t need a lot of money to run the platform for its business online. This is because WordPress is absolutely free, so no money is needed for CMS use. All you need to pay for is hosting as well as registering of the domain, that’s it. In addition to that, upgrades come for free too; icing on the cake isn’t it?
Easy to manage as well as install
All your domain needs or demands are fulfilled when WordPress is taken into consideration. One wouldn’t have to go through complex methods to buy a domain. After getting a domain name of your choice from a reputed registrar, use a reliable host, someone with a one click install facility. Once you allow WordPress CMS engine on the domain, everything is done, and you are now good to go.
Moreover, you do not have to be a coding geek or a genius with codes. Add a reputed or a popular plug-in to the CMS, letting the robustness takes over. You can add skins of your choice, use any of the themes you wish to have. There is no need to deal with any html, sql or php complexities. Focus now on what content you want to have in it, prioritise, then make it happen.
Ever need help even in the middle of the night, the community of WordPress users would come to your rescue. In a number of cities across the world, there are many who socialise as well as network with the talents for you to use, so that you too could learn how to best use WordPress and seek help if there are issues. There are meet-ups that happen for real, both nationally as well as internationally. Members indulge in best sharing of practices also with regard to CMS use.
Plenty of Plugins to use
Most are happy using WordPress since there are so many Plugins to use, thanks to the mushrooming of many plug-in developers across the community. With plenty of functions along with add ons to your WordPress site, you save time and make more money, making your site stand out, thus being one of a kind.
In addition to that WordPress is the best for SEO or search engine optimisation, thanks to its friendliness. People across the globe would be able to search for information and your site easily, provided the topic or what they look for is relevant to what is being provided. You thus can have a website built which would be found by everyone, the architecture is intuitive and the settings allow the spiders to crawl well, making your site indexed by popular search engines.
Yes, CMS is a good friend to mobile users as well and allows websites to render perfect results even when someone accesses your website through their phones. With plenty of themes to use, the mobile Plugins used on the WordPress site is beneficial and makes it handy for clients and customers alike.
Everyone wants to have a website made in the likes of the popular ones or the reputed bigwigs around. Apart from that, they would also want to make money and gain strong web presence online too. Hence choosing vendors who provide WordPress website development can help you build dynamic and responsive websites using WordPress.