Apple has spent several years in making of Swift. Apple put down the foundation for Swift in order to improve the current compiler, debugger, and also framework structure. The memory management has been made easier with Automatic Reference Counting (ARC). The framework stack, designed on the strong base of Foundation and Cocoa, and also been modernised and standardised all around. Objective-C alone has developed to support blocks, collection literals, as well as modules, allowing framework adopting of latest language technologies with no interruption. Continue reading Promising future for app developers with Apple’s Swift
The new products of Apple are generally released around the fall; thus those who are fans of their products wait with bated breath for the next releases around this time. In this context, the next releases from the Apple stable are supposed to be iOS 8 and iPhone 6 which will be released sometime around September. The news about iOS 8 release was publicized on June. Now, with just a few days left for the release, people are growing increasingly curious about the new additions or changes that might be introduced in it. Here is a sneak peek at some of the features which are expected to be seen in the new release.
In the previous 7th version, the operating system had seen vast changes in the design aspect; there was a total overhauling. So as per some reports, there will not be major changes in the design aspect. The focus would rather be on incorporation of new apps as well as features in this version.
The seventh generation iPod, iPhone and iPad operating system of Apple has received a major update through iOS 7.1 which has been code-named as Sochi. Some long overdue as well as much needed bug fixes have been provided. Not just that, several improved features also accompany it which have become quite a fodder for discussion amongst developers. In fact, it is claimed to be the fastest iOS to be introduced yet. Even iPhone 4’s normal performance has been improved greatly so that its users can hold on to their handsets for a little while longer. Some of the most talked about features are discussed here.
Absence of displaced background- The latest update by Apple has made it possible to disable parallex feature which gives motion on wallpaper and can be pretty annoying at times. However, despite disabling this feature, you need not eliminate the zooming animation feature while closing as well as opening of apps. For that you have to toggle off “Reduce Motion” in Settings under General under Accessibility options. Then from there you have to navigate to settings of wallpapers and brightness and tap Lock Screen Wallpaper. Perspective Zoom must be toggled off and pressed set.
Encouraging photography, enabling HDR auto- Previously there was a terrible bug which resulted in constant disabling of HDR every time you close the camera app. Now a new auto setting of HDR has been introduced to monitor the adjoining lighting conditions so that HDR can be enabled or disabled automatically. For enabling of this feature, the camera app must be opened and then you can tap HDR Off or HDR On. HDR Auto can be selected so that everything is taken care of automatically.
Comeback of button shapes option- With earlier versions, users could manipulate Button Shapes but there were complaints regarding the tap targets. With the new upgrade users can now include button shapes to text-only tap targets of the software. It is very simple to add button shapes. Toggle on Button Shapes by visiting Settings, under General under Accessibility tabs.
New and improved Siri- Siri, the virtual personal assistant now includes many enhancements which are much appreciated. The voice sounds calmer and more natural instead of the previous stilted tone. A great feature is the option to enable it when you want to speak to it. The home button can be held down when you want to begin talking; on releasing the home button you indicate that you have finished talking. This acts as an alternative to status quo of Siri which notices automatically when you are done talking.
Revamping of calendar app- There is some subtle revamping of the Calendar app through addition of new list toggle. Now on choosing the specific options, events taking place on varying days can be seen while still in month view. Apple now has added country-specific holidays for different countries. You do not have to look at an actual calendar to remind yourself of particular country holidays.
iTunes Radio- Now you are allowed to directly purchase albums according to the track playing currently through iTunes Radio with just the press of a button. Featured stations now have a search field and there is Repeat as well as Shuffle buttons in the music apps.
HFP Prompts supported- Now when you connect the iOS device to the entertainment system of your car through Bluetooth there will be an option called ‘Allow HFP Prompts’ which will enable the listening of other audio on the system; whenever there is new route information, it will drop in. Previously, you could only hear the directions given to you.
Recently, iOS 7.1.1 has been posted which is iOS 7.1’s minor update. This update has resulted in the fixing of another batch of minor problems with further improvements of performance. In fact, in this discussion we have excluded Car Play option since this is available only in select countries for the time-being.
You can hire developers from top iPhone apps development company who can help you build highly engaging and addictive iPhone apps within allocated budgets and time schedules.
iPhones come up with an array of value added features that make these devices almost indispensable in modern life. These user-friendly applications or apps as they are called help in performing a wide range of activities. There are quite a number of apps that people find extremely handy. Let us pick up 10 out of them which are voted best by the users.
Box.net is one of the most popular service that helps in online storage of files. Now, iPhones come up with the updated version of this feature that only makes life of the users easier. With the help of this feature, users are able to share individual files or entire folders that are stored on Box.net. Users are also able to open files by using file viewer that the modern iPhones come up with. It also gives them the option of leaving comments on these files. There is also the option of uploading images from the Camera Roll. It comes up free of cost though the individual account comes up with a storage capacity of 1 GB while the 10 GB version is available at a monthly cost of $9.95.
This is another feature, that is a bit different from the rest of the lot. Soonr helps in integration of document sharing, review and publishing into another backup application. However, for using Soonr, one will have to install a Mac or a Windows Desktop client. It helps in automatic backing up of designated folders whenever a file is changed.
Once the files are saved in Soonr Cloud, users can log in through any web browser and browse. Users can e-mail, send faxes, comment as well as restore files if and when needed. It is also handy for creating projects, adding files and editing them. Another extremely important feature of Soorn is that users can have a look at the revision history.
It is yet another extremely popular feature that is considered by many as by far the best in terms of utility! The app is powered by some wonderful back end systems. Users will simply have to forward the confirmation email for booking flights, bus or train tickets, hotel rooms and so on. It can also be done automatically by using Gmail plugins. Once the mail is sent, the feature will automatically organize them with all the relevant details along with the confirmation number.
The camera and the iphone photo apps come up with state of the art technology that has sent the conventional ‘point-and-shoot’ camera to back end. Instagram can be used to upload family photos to Flickr or family albums as well as for uploading everyday photos. The feature is quick, and extremely simple to use.
This is an iPhone feature that is great when it comes to taking notes. It has striking similarity to Dropbox as it can save data as well as information locally though it syncs the data across all the devices.
This application comes up with several value added features that help in meeting scheduling, web conferencing, document editing that can be integrated into the web version. With the help if this app, one can organize projects into workspaces and put more emphasis on workflow though Huddle mainly deals with task management.
This app comes up with the feature that helps users to snap videos from conferences as well as uploading them to be viewed on the web for free. The app also provides a fantastic way to access those videos on mobiles and releasing TED talks.
This app helps users to take startling panoramic shots with iPhones as well as line up the shots and correct them automatically.
This app is mainly for helping those who like shopping. It can turn an iPhone into an effective barcode scanner and the app is pretty flawless. All the user needs to do is to scan the UPC code of a particular product. The app will do the rest and will find the product for the user from Google Product Search as well as TheFind. The most important thing is that it is lightning fast.
Last but not the least, Twitter is still considered the best as well as the most popular app for the users of iPhone. It is a magnificent app that also happens to be one of the most popular social media sites.
You can hire developers from top iPhone app development company who can help you build highly engaging and addictive iPhone apps within allocated budgets and time schedules.
This is what we tell one another these days, be it in our personal lives or professional ones. The same is true when thinking of using state of the art technology to boost performance as well as to help society at large. Thanks to the modern day inventions, businessmen now breathe a sigh of relief, because of the way their smart hand held devices have eased the burden on their shoulders. This is why, application developers burn the midnight oil working on apps that would bring in the best output as well as ease lifestyles, in the workplace and out of it as well.
Designing can be tough
Do not jump the gun choosing a developer that promises you the sun or the moon, but shows you dirt at the end. Phones play a very important role in personal as well as professional lives, and that’s why it is best to choose an application developer who has;
c. Success rates, along with
d. The best results from the past
For this it is important to do your homework as well as research, conduct surveys if need be but do not blindly shoot in the dark. The end users requirements need to be satisfied and that is what you should bother about.
Tips to follow
1. Which platform do you want to use? This should be your first query and you should find an answer to it, before you start working on developing the application you dream to launch. For money matters, working on iOS would be the best, since it is used widely across iPads as well as iPhones. With android apps, revenues flow slow inwards and downloading them is a pain.
2. Social sharing should be included, and this is what actually rakes in the moolah over time. Make space for users to share their experiences as well as to post it. If you are developing an application for gaming needs, there should be enough space for the user to share real time feedback on your company’s profile.
3. Do you want the application to be FREE or PAID? This would be your decision at the end of the day and in sync with the aims or ambitions of the app too. If you want to promote your brand or market the company well, keep the application free.
4. Value added services with an application would be a very preferable aspect. Yes, this is a fact because as a consumer one would always want a little more than what money can buy. The app isn’t a part of your company, it is a sister concern, hence should be treated as an entity which is individualistic along with being a money making one. So, let the application speak of the core values your business shows, but ensure you beat competition at the same time too.
5. The app needs to be relevant as well as apt or else it wouldn’t answer the needs of the end user as well. The information given needs to be apt with that of the app, including suggestions and tips on using the application.
6. Interact with your customers to inform them on how to use the app on a regular basis. Give them news they can use, provide timely updates as well as have a system in place that would automatically do it all.
7. Retain your users and make the user base loyal to your app, so that they use it everyday. Downloading an app doesn’t mean they love your app or the app is a hit, that is in fact just step one towards success. The moment of truth comes about when they use it every day.
8. Be regular with the app updates and communicate with the masses. No one likes to be left in the dark, especially if there are downtimes to maintain. Suggestions, brickbats, etc. should be welcomed, because this would help your app gain name, fame, as well as money.
9. Update the functional features of the app regularly. This should be an app that would work as a marketing manager for your company. For that it is important to check with the workings of a smartphone and how the end users would use the app.
10. Keep it simple and user friendly, or lose out!!
Business owners need help and for that, you now have to come out with an app which is user friendly and state of the art, with functions that would connect the end user while being on the go. Hence, take your time, do your market research, study the consumer’s needs and only then invest in the best.
You can hire developers from top iPhone app development companies in India who can help you build mobile apps within allocated budgets and time schedules.
What would the world be without the smartphone handheld devices? What were we before the smartphones came around? One shudders at the thought of not having an iPhone or a smartphone with them, any day. This is because these smart devices have now made things easier, both on a personal level as well as on a professional front. Talking about smartphones along with their varied benefits, one cannot undermine the fact that it is due to the apps mostly that the smart gadgets are high in demand, right from video recording, web surfing, games, education, entertainment, plug-ins to health and fitness, social networking, news, music, travel and more.
Hiring an App Developer
Taking a cue from all the above, business owners too want to cash in on the high demand, so why not make hay while the sun shines? There are efficient service providers as well as services for iPhone app development and smartphones too; all that needs to be done is some research and homework before choosing the best developers from the range available around.
Remember, when choosing a developer you need to check on your needs along with whether the vendors can match up to your expectations or not. Hence, here are a few tips on how to make the right choice so please read on to be well-informed of the same.
Some Great Tips
1. Make it personal- This means, as a client you need to ask them to show samples as well as portfolios of jobs they have done for other clients in the past. Check through these samples if the vendors are in a position to match up with your app development needs or not. The vendor’s skills or development credibility needs to be checked; for that the features you identify for the app you want, must be understood by the vendors well enough.
If the vendors are experts, they would offer personalised app development schemes as well as solutions, which would be bug free and innovative. The solutions would be flexible along with user friendly notions. In addition to that, expert developers know how to bring about an app which would work well on smartphones, iPhones or web apps, In fact, experts know how to promote well. For this, they would run a series of tests across all handheld smart devices as well as browsers for mobile apps, and then would provide you with the ultimate output. Hence, check on the work they have done in the past.
2. How much would they charge? Costs need to be minimum as well as competitive, whilst having the best app developed or delivered. Hence, owing to the nature of the app and what it can bring in future, as a business owner you need to sit and analyse things out with the app developer or the vendor. The ROI you get should be very high as compared to the investment you have made. Hiring experienced developers would be foolproof quality wise, but they can charge you a bomb. Thus it would be wise to speak with four to five companies, vendors or freelance developers before going ahead with the cost comparisons to make the right hiring choice.
3. Communication, expertise, skills and even experience counts, which are clear signals on the capabilities of a developer, say experts. As a businessman, you would want to think of seasoned app developers too, who know the newest technological advances in town and can work for cheap, because he too wants to make it big, therefore, would do it all. However, ensure you refer back to point one when choosing a seasoned developer. A feasibility study as well should be done, so that the right results come out and your app gets famous, bringing in the coffers in the long run.
Just because competition has made an app to ease the work load on working moms or corporate, doesn’t mean you should jump into the same bandwagon. Do something different and help society on a different note, but do your homework before choosing the app you want to make, and before hiring a developer.
You can hire developers from top iPhone app development companies in India who can help you build mobile apps within allocated budgets and time schedules.