PHP programming has seen a radical change with the development of a brand new version of PHP IDE called PhpStorm 2.0. This new version is code-centric as well as equipped with much superior quality of codes. Besides, it also guarantees improved aid for the very latest trends of PHP programming. This new avatar is designed to offer the users the options of using improved tools like automatic refactoring, comprehensive analysis of deep code, on-the-fly checking of errors along with various quick fixes.
As per the experts associated with the development, some extra namespaces as well as closures support were incorporated into the structure and these were used in the development of modern PHP. This, amongst other things have helped to improve the code-analysis capabilities. They are also of the opinion that with the development of this version, debugging becomes easier and needs no more configuration whatsoever.
What is new in PhpStorm 2.0?
- A holistic PHP 5.5 support that includes closures as well as namespaces.
- Support for Zend Debugger as well as ability to debug with zero-configuration in any browser
- Command line tool assistance that includes completion for Symphony and Zend Tool.
- Full-fledged SQL query editors that come up with editable results of queries
- More Mercurial support
- Support for EcmaScript 5 and HTML5
Let us now discuss in details, some of the salient features that make this version so exceptional.
Automatic completion of Codes
This particular feature was for long expected. The dropdown for code completion is automatically triggered off once you type in. Code culmination has seen a facelift that assures compatibility across various array indexes.
Zend Debugger, Xdebug
The latest version comes up with compatibility for Zend Debugger, Xdebugger, along with Browser Toolbar. The IDE is designed to automatically respond to the debugger connection. It also requests mapping of missing files as and when needed, so that the debugger shows the source of the page, with just a single click of the mouse. It is also compatible with all the AJAX requests, as a cookie for the debugger is set.
Debugging Support initiated by the Browser
Zend Toolbar can be used along with Xdebug toolbar as well as browser bookmarklets, for initiating debugging straight away from a page on any modern browser like IE, Chrome, Safari or Firefox.
Support for Command Line Tool
Shell commands can quickly be run with exclusive support for the framework tools that include completion and parameter information for Zend_Tool as well as Symphony tool. You can also add all these features for various custom tools through XML descriptor.
Advanced Code Inspection
This new variant comes up with a number of never-before-tried code inspections:
- Control flow or Unapproachable statement
- Control flow or Wrong catch clauses order
- Probably bug or Wrong string concatenation operator
When this new version was introduced for the first time, it bridged up the long-standing gap by playing the role of a smart PHP development IDE. It is mainly designed to put increased focus on more intelligence, provide assurance of improved quality of code, superior assistance for the latest trends of this language, etc.
The key areas where this new version is different are:
- A holistic PHP 5.3 support that includes namespaces as well as closures
- Zend Debugger support along with zero-configuration debugging in all the browsers
- Improved support for command line tools that include Zend_Tool and Symfony completion
- Dedicated editors of SQL queries with various editable query results
- Enhanced Mercurial support
- Added support for HTML5 as well as EcmaScript 5De
Experts are of the opinion that this version is not only to stay but probably redefine the very concept of PHP programming, making things much easier for the developers.
You can hire programmers from top php development company in India who can help you build products within allocated budgets and time schedules.