In addition to being a rapid web application development platform, Microsoft SharePoint is also used by enterprises to management content and documents. Also, the platform enables users to manage a variety of data on the intranet and internet. As Microsoft has designed SharePoint with a Microsoft Office-like interface, the platform can be seamlessly integrated with Office suite. So your business can avail several advantages by switching to SharePoint 2010.
When you decide to migrate to the latest version of the platform, it becomes essential to make and implement a detailed plan. At the same time, it is also important to choose the right IT services company to avail customized and flexible SharePoint support. A simple web search will get you information about the nature and types of support offered by a large number of companies. But you must evaluate the service providers based on some key criterions to ensure that you will get the best SharePoint support.
5 Key Criterions to Evaluate the IT Services Companies Offering SharePoint Support
1. Customized Support: The level of support offered by different IT services companies vary. Some companies even allow you to choose from several predefined SharePoint support plans. But you must opt for the companies who offer customized support according to specific needs of your business. When the support is customized, you will not be required to pay for unnecessary services. As the support services are customized according to your business model and work flow, these will contributing towards increasing productivity and revenues.
2. Specialized Support: Most IT companies offer a variety of support services. So the nature and quality of the SharePoint support will depend on the experience and expertise of the company. You must gather information about the services offered by a specific company from various sources, and compare the data to ensure that it has adequate expertise in providing support for SharePoint. An experienced service provider will further contribute towards efficient project management and communication. Also, it can work seamlessly with your internal team by creating the best environment.
3. Effective Content Management: When you are using SharePoint to manage your content, records and documents, it becomes essential to consider several factors. Along with recording the documents in digital format, it is also important to store the images of the original documents in a centralized location. At the same time, any updates or changes made to the documents must reflect across different workstations. So you must check the effectiveness of content management service provided by the IT company. It is important to hire a company who can guarantee that your employees can monitor, track and access the updated content regardless of its physical location.
4. Ready to Embrace New Technologies: The huge popularity of SharePoint application development platform has encouraged many companies to launch CRM and ERP packages with specific integration capability. So you can always migrate to the latest enterprise application software to optimize your business process and communication. Also, Microsoft regularly updates SharePoint with many extended and innovative features. That is why; there are always chances that your business has to migrate to or embrace more advanced technologies. It is always important to hire the IT company that agrees to incorporate the changes relates to technology and system without causing any slight delay.
5. Quick and Immediate Solution for Each Problem: If your business is migrating to SharePoint, your employees will take some time to understand its feature and functionality. Also, you have to train your staff about various aspects of the customized application. When your employees are being trained, the IT company has to provide prompt support to ensure that your work flow is not being affected. The service provider also needs to understand the framework in detail to answer the questions immediately. You must remember that it will take some time to streamline the process after migrating to SharePoint. So your employees will need constant support to continue the business operations.
When you are looking for the IT services companies that offer the best SharePoint support, it is important to do some initial request. You must gather information about the nature, types and quality of support provided by each company, along with it experience, expertise and professional credibility. At the same time, you must ask many questions to the service provider to ensure that the SharePoint support is customized according to the specific needs of your business.